Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Friday, September 15, 2023

Silly Site o' the Day

Made it! Not only taking care of emails and my time and expense submission deadline, which I did in a frenzied four-hour marathon in order to make my 1 PM bus, but my medical appointments this afternoon. Thanks to a series of mishaps in front of the aforementioned Manhattan-bound bus, I made it to the med center around 2:30 with only 15 minutes to spare, and was out of the complex and back at the bus stop by 3:15. Of course, the bus that arrived seconds after I'd finished my Halal Guys gyro sandwich (for which I'll probably pay tomorrow but by that point I needed lunch) took two and a half hours to get me back home. I will be feeling this at least all weekend, I'm already shaking from the week's strain. I'm getting too old for this! Next Tuesday should be fun, as the UN General Assembly convenes. Not as bad as Godzilla cats tromping all around, but pretty disruptive nonetheless.

0 comments: