Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Wednesday, June 07, 2023

Silly Site o' the Day

The day began at 4:30 AM with a massive calf cramp in my right leg (you know, the one I'll need for my 200-mile drive tomorrow) that wouldn't quit for at least a minute and a half, followed by the toilet overflowing. Work was fine, including my usual lovely monthly chat with my boss, until I downloaded new software and the laptop stuck in restart mode, which required multiple bits of trickery to get it to work again and ate over an hour of my work time. Oh, and the sky is orange in NYC and unhealthy for living beings, so that's another worry for tomorrow's journey. Yeah, kind of the perfect storm. I hope this means everything's going to go smoothly for the next few days! Please make at least tomorrow a big box of nothing.

0 comments: