Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Tuesday, June 06, 2023

Silly Site o' the Day

The atmosphere looks like a Martian sky today, courtesy of the winds from the north carrying the remnants of Canadian wildfires. Yellowish and eerie! You couldn't tell in Manhattan at noon, but by the time of my homeward-bound commute there was no escaping it. Very glad to be back in air conditioning! Another satisfying in-office day as well, helping at least four partners who were also in, Tuesdays being our busiest day. I hope the commute doesn't leave me too exhausted, I have a long drive on Thursday and I don't have a lot of recovery time. But I'm grateful for a Manhattan that now smells more of marijuana than of urine in the warmer weather! A positive tradeoff, which leads me to this video with helpful tips on how to pretend you're not high.

0 comments: