Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Thursday, June 08, 2023

Silly Site o' the Day

After logging onto my laptop (which works fine now) to clear my inbox, I set off in our closed and air-conditioned car to pick up and deliver food to Mom in NJ. Everything went smoothly without incident. We needed masks outside, and for a time even in the car this morning as we went through the worst of the smoke and haze (and there are still wildfires in NJ as well!), but everything else was fine and we were home and exhausted around 3 PM. I logged on again to once again clear my inbox and give myself a sneak preview of what I need to do tomorrow, napped for an hour or so, then got up in time for a couple baseball games. Even with the reason being different, it was heartening to see people around our neighborhood masked up, as we've been researching as much as we can with so few people keeping track now and we've discovered the COVID transmission rates rising again. I think we'll be masked up again for Saturday's shopping trip, and I'll continue to wear them on the bus during my weekly commute. If nothing else, masks can hide monkey beards, and I think we can all agree that's a Good Thing.

0 comments: