Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Friday, November 25, 2022

Silly Site o' the Day

This is the day when we refrain from buying stuff, make our own Thanksgiving for two, and break out the holiday table and accessories. I fear I was a bit too exhausted from yesterday's festivities to actually decorate the table, which I'll be doing tomorrow after I take the car in for its oil change and safety check. We're postponing the grocery shopping for the week ahead because the fridge is still stocked with food. I made stuffing and Brussels sprouts with a maple glaze, which turned out as beautifully as the cranberry sauce I'd made earlier in the week (who'd have thought recipes from NY Presbyterian would work so well?), and after putting everything away and stacking the dishes to wash in the morning I was too wiped to do much more than eat. But after the US/England draw I took an afternoon nap, which gave me just enough second wind to go on the bike, shower, and get a whole bunch of things done on this here computer. So I feel like I'm in good shape going into the actual weekend, which will be leading up to my 65th birthday and our 24th anniversary and Robin's birthday then the Christmas/Chanukah mash-up meal and have I mentioned I really like this time of year? Much more so than I did as a kid. Kinda like these guys who didn't want the cats they now love.

0 comments: