Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Thursday, November 24, 2022

Silly Site o' the Day

Among the things for which I'm grateful this Thanksgiving is that neither Robin nor I have contracted COVID (although I'm getting tired of this lingering cold) and that my cousin has decided to keep hosting our extended family Thanksgiving as long and as safely as she can. I love Rockland County, my "ancestral spawning grounds," especially this time of year. The drive up was much more stress-free than in previous years as the new Tappan Zee (it will always be the Tappan Zee to meeeee) directs the flow so much better than the old one, and once there we, of course, had the best time one could imagine. The bean salad seemed to be a big hit, I spent lots of time with my globetrotting godson as well as my cousin's girlfriend who's my birthday twin (albeit almost a decade younger than me), four dogs, a 4-year-old and a 2-year-old, and other folks I dearly love. The food was fab as always, the desserts included a fruit arrangement so I was able to partake, and my new specs served me very well on the drive home, which didn't exhaust my eyes as much as I'd feared. Now onto the holiday season, which may or may not feature charcuterie chalets!

0 comments: