Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Saturday, May 21, 2022

Silly Site o' the Day

Life during COVID time continues, with numbers rising and friend after friend going on vacation and to conventions, many unmasked. But I've run out of sympathy for folks who should know better, and am trying to concentrate on keeping myself and Robin safe. So today we got our second booster shot at our favorite pharmacy, which took all of ten minutes for the both of us. I had an 11 AM appointment and his was at noontime, we got there around 10:50 and, including shopping for health-related stuff, were out and on our way to the supermarket by 11:10. That had us back in our air-conditioned home (Robin had turned on the ACs before we left) by 12:30 when the temperature had just hit 80 degrees, so we even missed the worst of the heat and humidity today. Aside from the expected injection site pain, and weariness that I'm sure was caused more by the weather than the shot, I have no real symptoms of anything yet. I've just donned compression socks to try and get rid of the calf spasms, and so far they're working better than anything else I tried, so with any luck tomorrow I can finally make salad and do a bit of cooking I'd been putting off due to it involving standing. In other news, apparently there was an election in Australia today, so I may as well recycle this from the last election:

 Via BoingBoing.

0 comments: