Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Friday, November 26, 2021

Silly Site o' the Day

The after-Thanksgiving-feast-for-two could have gone a little better flavor-wise. The sides were just meh, the stuffing experiment turned out about as expected (I've thrown out the rest of the zero-net-carbs "rye" bread, which to its credit dried up nicely after 15 minutes in the oven but you can't really bake in taste), but the meat was edible and at least we didn't have to prep a lot and I think Christmas dinner will be much better as I now have plans going forward for winter veg (first up: buy and grate some squash for latkes on Sunday). Meanwhile, the holiday table is set up and ready to decorate, and the unused linens have been moved from the larder to the closet in the home office and I think that's put pay to my back. It's okay, just a 200-mile drive tomorrow! Ibuprofen is my friend. Are any of these prank gifts your friend?

0 comments: