Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Saturday, November 27, 2021

Silly Site o' the Day

Time to see Mom! Which was a lovely visit, with my brother and sis-in-law making the tasty kosher meal, and I got a bite or two of the desserts we brought before we had to be on the road. I wanted to hit the NJ Turnpike by dark, which I did, and... then... we... got... SLAMMED on the road leading to the GW Bridge, and sat there for almost 90 minutes. I thought all the heavy traffic would be tomorrow, but I guess it was inevitable, between the NJ partiers who like to go into NYC on Saturday nights and all the folks from New England who couldn't get home any other way but still had many miles to go. I think that's the last time I attempt an out-of-state trip any time during that particular 4-day weekend! I'd love a recovery day but we still need to grocery shop tomorrow. I would like to lodge a protest...

0 comments: