Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Sunday, September 20, 2020

Silly Site o' the Day

Well, I did an extremely silly thing today. I missed the last step of the 28 leading from our apartment to the street, collapsed onto the pavement, and hurt my left hand/wrist area and my (bad) right knee. So much for taking a walk to try and find our favorite paper towels at the local supermarket! Or taking a walk at all, at least for the foreseeable future. Robin's helped bandage and brace everything we could, I'll attempt a shower tomorrow if I'm able to by then, and I'm glad I made no plans for my vacation week as I'm going nowhere fast, not even to handle medical matters. I hate enforced inactivity but I'm in too much pain to fight it. Let's take my mind off my body then, with OMG Masks:

Via BoingBoing.

1 comments:

PJ said...

Please go and get yourself checked out. If the fall was significant enough you could have fractured something and not addressing will cause more problems down the road. I'm really sorry to see you dealing with these things and I know speaking for myself it sucks to get older but then the alternative isn't really enchanting either. Only tough people can take getting old so hang in there!