Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Silly Site o' the Day

Having our heat back meant my knee was just fine today, but due to allergies or whatever my left eye decided to act up again. Nonetheless, I was determined that today should be my Big Adventure Upstate, so we started up the eastern side of the Hudson through Westchester, Putnam, and Dutchess counties, crossed the river at Rhinebeck, then down Ulster, Orange, and Rockland on the west side of the river. I think Putnam wins overall for gorgeous foliage, but the best place we visited was the Storm King Arts Center in New Windsor, where both the outdoor art installations and the scenery were lovely. Took lots of photos, did lots of driving despite the eye, stopped at a Taste of NY stand along the Taconic which was so nothing (not even a phone signal) that my curiosity was more than satisfied, and had a lovely Vietnamese lunch in New Paltz and our usual conveyor belt sushi at the Palisades Center mall (alas, a bit early for dinner, as the selection was a bit poor). All in all a terrific time! And we saw tons of voting placards, but none of these, alas.

0 comments: