Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Silly Site o' the Day

The lack of heat really took its toll on my right knee, which was screaming for much of the morning. A shower helped a bit, but it wasn't until we got out and about that it started to ease. Not fun driving with that pain! But it proved that I'm fine when the heat is on, and I do really badly when we don't have any. As of now, the landlord and mechanic have been and gone a few times and it appears to be fixed, but the landlord made me promise to call tomorrow morning if it goes off again, like I wouldn't or something. More importantly, I have now renewed the third of three "must" documents for 2018. The passport was taken care of in February, my notary license in May, and now my driver's license. NY State folks, you could do far worse than the Yonkers DMV; so glad I chose them instead of Manhattan to convert my current license to an "enhanced ID" one as long as I was renewing. I mean, with this bunch in office you never know. So with the heat situation and driver obligation behind me I really feel like my vacation can officially start, and we're planning on a 4-hour drive tomorrow - two hours up to the Kingston Rhinecliff Bridge (possibly stopping at Hyde Park along the way), then across and down the Thruway to New Paltz for lunch then the Storm King sculpture park. Ambitious, perhaps, but nothing's set in stone (particularly since Opus 40 is closed this week). I do hope we run into some roadside farmers markets, or even some funny signs.

0 comments: