Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Silly Site o' the Day

I was up a bit in the night, from about 4-6 AM, before going back to bed for a little over an hour when I was awakened by The World's Worst Leg Cramp. I mean, my right calf cramped without release for easily (what felt like) a minute, with at least two painful aftershocks. It didn't bode well for our trip to the Great Elephant Migration outdoor art exhibit in Manhattan's meatpacking district, but I slapped on a knee brace and everything wound up just fine. The exhibit was amazing, well worth the local bus and subway trip, and we made side trips to Myers of Keswick and Hao for some lovely English and Chinese food respectively. Home by 3 PM and napping again by 4, no cramps this time. And, aside from the Mets/Braves series being postponed by an oncoming hurricane and the Yankees going down in flames, it's been a terrific end to my last fiscal year 2024 vacation day, even though we didn't get to see the iconic New York pillow fight.

0 comments: