Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Silly Site o' the Day

Am I home yet? Man oh man, it was a great day to be in Manhattan except for the fact that all the dignitaries, including Biden and Zelynskyy and lots of other heads of state, were in town for the UN General Assembly, and there were so many traffic closures and cops on every intersection that getting around was tricky at best. I took the first homeward-bound bus that crept along, knowing full well it was bound to be standing room only by the time we hit the last pick up, but I made it home more or less at my regular time so it could have been a whole lot worse. And I have my last vacation day of the season tomorrow! So that's something to look forward to. As well as autumn, of course. Ah, colorful leaves, apple cider, chickens carving pumpkins...

Via Laughing Squid.


0 comments: