Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Thursday, September 26, 2024

Silly Site o' the Day

And I thought Tuesday's commute was hellish! Because there were protests called for around 6 PM in the vicinity of Grand Central, I decided to leave the office at 4:30, but it didn't help much because the protesters were marching and blocking the intersection two blocks south of my bus stop. Between the 45-minute wait until the first bus finally arrived (there were five behind it that wound up breaking the logjam a half hour later, I was told by Robin who was keeping track on BusTime) and that bus being SRO so we all had seat company AND my seat company staying next to me as the bus grew emptier and emptier and getting off at the last stop as I did... well, everything hurts now. At least the Yankees finally won their division. The Mets/Atlanta games have been postponed due to the horrific oncoming Hurricane Helene, so heaven only knows when the regular baseball season will actually end. Have I mentioned everything hurting? I'm removing my squiggle eyebrows and lips and going to bed.

0 comments: