Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Friday, April 05, 2024

Silly Site o' the Day

Well, THAT was new. Around 10:20 this morning the house started shaking. We assumed at first it was some very loud construction going on. Then it kept up for around 20 seconds. The only thing I could imagine at that point was an earthquake. But the NYC region doesn't really get those. Or do we? Turned out that it was indeed a quake, centered around the area of NJ where my dad used to work, along the Ramapo Fault Line, and there was a fairly strong aftershock around 6 PM. I'm fairly sure we're done now but one never knows. Wow, you live long enough you experience lots of new things, even in nature. And I've found my eclipse glasses from 2017 so I'm set for Monday now. The eclipse should start around the time I'm getting out of my podiatrist's office so I'll be outside anyway. This should catch you up:

Via Laughing Squid.


0 comments: