Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Saturday, March 30, 2024

Silly Site o' the Day

I definitely spoke too soon. The power steering belt assembly went kaput today. The car started up with weird flappy noises, so I canceled my haircut appointment and belayed the food shopping in favor of taking it back to the auto shop, and the belt came off mere yards from our destination so it was a very tricky final right turn but we made it. Unfortunately the parts won't be in until midday Monday so we had to cancel the trip to Mom; fortunately she got a local friend to help her out with her medical appointment. This is always one of my great fears, not only being without a needed vehicle but being unable to help out Mom logistically when she doesn't have a locally reliable support network and she has to rely on luck (which was on her side today if not mine). We didn't have a huge shopping list so we can get by until the car's fixed (as soon as I pick it up, presumably, Monday afternoon, we head straight for the supermarket) but it's still frustrating as heck, and I can't stop thinking that I should have left it there yesterday and had them do the needed repairs... but there's no guarantee anyway that the parts would have arrived today! And so my brain ping-pongs back and forth, and I can't get it to stop. It's a weird downward spiral, which is very different than turtles all the way down:

Via Laughing Squid. Time for The Ten Commandments now, at least...


0 comments: