Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Sunday, August 07, 2022

Silly Site o' the Day

The heat continues to be so oppressive it saps my energy even if I've only been outside a short time, as I was again this morning getting a few more groceries I'd forgotten or was unable to find yesterday. The watch-phrase has now become "scaling back expectations," as I've decided not to go on the exercise bike again until after the current heat wave breaks. I've also switched to wearing KF94 masks which are slightly lighter than the "duck mask" KN95's, which I feel protect me better (in actuality the protection is probably the same) but which seem to stick to my face more. At this rate, between the heat and the pandemic, travel is way too far in the future, which I assume delights everyone who finds American tourists rather... much.

0 comments: