Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Silly Site o' the Day

The knee is a bit better in that I didn't need to wear a brace or take any ibuprofen during the day, but evening is a different matter, particularly now that the temperature is starting to drop. I've already resolved to bring my cane to our annual town hall tomorrow in the Times Square area, and have mapped out a plan to walk 3 blocks to an elevator leading to the subway back to my office area (which lets out at an escalator and leads to another elevator, so yay, no stairs!). Then Robin's coming in tomorrow afternoon, well past the snow ending, to accompany me to our annual holiday party, also at that west side hotel, so I'm doing the "E" train commute in reverse. Glad I'll have both him and the cane to lean on! And I just hope I don't have to stand in the dinner queue for too long. Although, considering our firm's emphasis on inclusion and diversity, the queue may be very interesting and filled with lots of different languages spoken throughout NYC's five boroughs. According to the actual interactive map, where we live they speak a lot of "Jewish English" and Russian, with Levantine Arabic and Assyrian Neo-Aramaic right over the border, which I think is exceptionally cool.

0 comments: