Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Sunday, July 08, 2018

Silly Site o' the Day

Wow, what a magical day. Magical weekend, in fact. So happy the Alamo Drafthouse we went to this afternoon had a decent sound system that didn't assault our ears! I thoroughly enjoyed the experience of watching Yellow Submarine in a theatre with 60+ other folks and enjoying very tasty Thai chili wings and an endless-refills iced tea brought right to my seat. I was really soured on going to the cinema after yesterday, but I'm definitely reconsidering after my Drafthouse experience. They even have an anti-harassment policy in place now (which considering their history was a damn good idea). Let's hope none of their current and future patrons have to call the Mary Sue's hotline. But honestly, it was a lovely experience despite the chain's checkered past, we got all our food shopping done, and it capped off a really fun weekend with my best friend. One more solid week of work for me then we get nine whole days together again. I have no idea what we're doing to do, which makes it even more fun.

0 comments: