Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Silly Site o' the Day

At last, I felt well enough to actually get things done. This morning I took care of the rest of the finances, this afternoon I finished hanging up my earrings, this evening I finished my "pamphlet" comics so I can finally get to the graphic novels, and in between Robin and I checked out City Island for the first and last time. What a disappointment. A bunch of seafood restaurants mostly clustered around a 3-block area near Belden Point which is nothing but like a 20-foot strip of sidewalk where you can look out on Long Island Sound. The seafood place we chose, the one which advertises incessantly on the local channels, was pretty much a nothingburger (we did not order the nothingburger) as well. We hope to have better luck tomorrow when we visit the High Line elevated park in Chelsea. Meanwhile I've tried to unplug from world happenings but it's not easy. So here's the funniest protest signs from our current chief exec's recent visit to England.

0 comments: