Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Monday, June 04, 2018

Silly Site o' the Day

Still not really in vacation mode, as today was a diabetes doctor (actually nurse practitioner) appointment, and alas, I've backslid a bit. Nothing I can't course-correct, but it didn't help as the bus ride to and from the diabetes center was torture. Almost literal on the way back, as a woman decided to park her rollator right next to me on a crowded bus and pretty much crushed my left leg in doing so. There is a good reason not to ride local Bronx buses from terminus to terminus. I was 15 minutes late to my appointment because a trip which should have taken an hour was so miserably crowded that it took 75 minutes. Plus, my phone wasn't getting any service, and I had to call Robin for the "did you reboot it?" advice I should have followed myself in order to fix it. Not a good day. Didn't even start on the writing, that'll be tomorrow when I've resolved to not leave the house. I cannot do this writer's thing if I have any outside plans, not at this point. Oh, and I fought with a pharmacy about their online order department still being screwed up. Can I have a do-over? Or at least a good laugh, like these play-on-word costumes?

0 comments: