Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Sunday, June 03, 2018

Silly Site o' the Day

On the one hand, I did a very vacation-y thing today as Robin and I visited the Bronx Zoo. On the other thing, tons of my coworkers were there as it was KPMG NY's Family Day, so obviously I've not yet gotten the hang of "getting away from work to recharge." Nonetheless, we rode the monorail, which I hadn't had a chance to do on the last Family Day a few years back, and which wound up being the absolute highlight. On the other hand, Robin's feet (for a change) were acting up so we cut out right after lunch, took a nice long nap, then watched the Black Panther BluRay Robin bought so we're all caught up now should we wish to catch the new Avengers movie in an actual theater this week. Man, was Andy Serkis' character creepy! I never did trust those Kiwis when they're playing Boers, or Aussies, or something like that. Here's a Kiwi dad explaining differences between New Zealand and the UK:



Via Laughing Squid. And yet, I don't quite trust him.

0 comments: