Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Tuesday, June 05, 2018

Silly Site o' the Day

Well, despite interruptions - the usual, the kitty who constantly demands attention, but also another round with the online pharmacy - I actually started my Shakespeare-related comic book story and got three pages in. I don't seem to be able to do word balloons on this one so I've opted for captions, and something possessed me to write them in iambic pentameter (with an ABAB rhyming scheme) so that was fun to work through. Heaven forbid I don't give myself a challenge after staying away from fiction writing for the better part of two decades, eh? But I've done the hardest part, as the rest is pretty much sticking to what the Bard wrote with a twist or two, so I'm on my way. Unfortunately, due to a general malaise which I partially blame on the yesterday's Bus Rides From Hell, I've been forced to nap and take it easy for the better part of the day, vascillating between chills and sweats and feeling fine and being in the bathroom, and it's just not a pretty picture. Here are some pretty pictures, classical paintings with a modern backdrop.

0 comments: