Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Monday, August 21, 2017

Silly Site o' the Day

A mostly fun Eclipse Day! Waited a bit longer than I'd envisioned at the Rose Center for my viewing companions to show, and by the time we were all together it was nigh impossible to get a seat but Lili found a spot atop one of the exhibits (I know! rebel that I am) where I perched until the lemmings left to view a partial 72-percenter in the 90-plus degree sun, and enough seats opened up that we could properly watch NASA's feed alongside hundreds of fellow geeks. Did my heart good, if not my poor plantar'ed foot and particularly my digestive system, still mysteriously giving me problems. After-eclipse sushi helped, although it would have been better had Robin joined us (but he's on deadline). Still, not going anywhere much until I feel better. Tomorrow is car inspection and sleeping and trying to bounce back so I can enjoy the rest of my vacay. Glad I didn't make any definite plans for the week! Speaking of cool science, here's a Terran constellation - did you know the world is pretty much just a cat playing with Australia? Science!

0 comments: