Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Saturday, February 25, 2017

Silly Site o' the Day

A terrific day! It only took a half hour to get my oil changed in the auto shop, which is incredibly speedy; we found a parking spot right outside Garden Gourmet so I was able to actually go in there for the first time in weeks; and I had enough energy to try on pants at both Sears and Avenue and conclude that yes, I've gone down a couple sizes, and I now know what I want to buy online where there's usually a bigger selection and cheaper prices. All that and the usual dry cleaning and grocery shopping. I even took Robin out to lunch. A really terrific date disguised as errands. I wore a heel support on the left foot and absolutely no brace at all on the right, and I feel terrific. I will never, ever take walking for granted after this couple of months, and it's really good to have figured out the source of the pain (as it turns out, plantar fasciitis in both feet, at least as I've self-diagnosed) and how to deal with it when it recurs. All this and the Oscars tomorrow! Which reminds me, these silent movie GIFs (via Laughing Squid) are really cool.

0 comments: