Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Friday, February 24, 2017

Silly Site o' the Day

The light at the end of the tunnel has arrived; today I walked unaided! Well, by the cane, at least. I used it to get up the incline to the intersection this morning, then took the local bus one block to the express which helped, then folded it and put it away and it hasn't come out again. I walked outside at lunchtime to refill my MetroCard, and walked all the way to the comics shop and then to the bus stop after work. I pronounce the new foot supports and braces a rousing success. And now the real healing can begin, as the pain mitigates and I'm able to walk more. Tomorrow I tackle clothes shopping, a real necessity since half my pants are now too large for me. Still not sure about any major travel, but from these reviews why should I go anywhere interesting?



Via Laughing Squid. Love me some Sir Pat Stew.

0 comments: