Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Saturday, January 03, 2015

Silly Site o' the Day

We were both well enough to venture outside today, up to Palisade Center for a haircut, a meal and some grocery shopping at Target, as we'd heard it was going to pour most of the weekend and we wanted to grab what we could before thee deluge. Alas, nobody had mentioned the snow, although Robin said he'd smelled it. Sure enough, we exited into the Target parking lot where it was like Currier & Ives, only not as much "oh, pretty, joy joy" as "oh dear, now we have to drive home in this." It was a bit white-knuckled from West Nyack (particularly the accident on the Tappan Zee) to Yonkers, then it turned to freezing rain and I had to be pretty careful when I got out of the car. We made it upstairs and inside just fine, but pretty much too wiped to do much of anything else. Still, my hair feels better and the rest of me is getting there, so I'm hopeful I'll be up to speed come work day on Monday. For now, I'm reviewing some YouTube subscriptions I haven't kept up with, and I just found this delightful Doctor Puppet Christmas special:



Tomorrow the holiday table gets packed up and the card wreath stored away. All in all I could have wished for a healthier time off but we made it through and got a lot done...

0 comments: