Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Friday, January 02, 2015

Silly Site o' the Day

I think the only comfort I have with this relapse is the knowledge that we're far from alone. I'm sure I'll get back to work on Monday and hear quite a few stories about how coworkers have spent their vacation sick as well. But we soldier on. While I was spending much of my day in the "reading room," Robin had just enough energy to clean out the computer room closet. I figure we'll be tossing most of the contents he's kept in there, and all the old linens and towels we've never used (but which are, somehow, full of cat hair) are now in the living room awaiting the trip downstairs to the trash, but I just don't have the strength now to consolidate the stuff I had in plastic bags into the canvas bags awaiting filling before they head back into the closet. I did, however, iron a few tops, so at least I'll have stuff to wear in the coming week, and have opted to finish as many tops as I can before Sunday, so the kitchen inventory will have to wait for another vacay when we're not both ill. So much I'd hoped to do this last week and a half - scan all my INSIDE JOKEs, catch up on blog reading, start on the Dresden novels a friend lent me so I could return them - but considering how we've felt I think we've accomplished quite a bit. Onward to an ordinary weekend! Of course, no matter how much I get done, I can never match things like turning the world into an art exhibit (via BoingBoing), so sometimes it's like, why try?

0 comments: