Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Silly Site o' the Day

Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends! Off to watch the Fakey-Fakey Parade shortly (my office building gave tenants the opportunity to watch it as it passes by, as they're along the route this year, but the machinations to even get there would have been daunting), then on to my cousin's house for the feast, then back home to prepare our own feast for tomorrow. I figure to take care of most of the side dishes tonight, and have already brought out the cauliflower and brussels sprouts recipes. But we have half a swede (otherwise known as rutabaga or wax turnip) and wanted to make sure I prepare it right for mashing, so I was rooting around (pun intended) on the web and found the site of the Advanced Rutabaga Studies Institute, which has GOT to be a goof. Look at their recipe for mashed rutabagas - a scream! The perfect silly site for the holiday. Have a great one, y'all!

0 comments: