Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Silly Site o' the Day

That hour-plus-long wait in the cold for the bus yesterday took its toll, with most of my left side stiff and achy today. A good day to stay in bed, or at the computer doing job-search stuff. My latest ComicMix column is up, this one about the Beatles, part one of however many parts I can stretch it. And that should be a lot of parts, as they're pretty endlessly fascinating to me. Except I'm really, really sick of Heather Mills. Rob keeps reading me bits from the UK papers and I've shaken my head so many times I've made myself dizzy. Some nutzoid on Huffington Post actually intimated that she deserved more than she got in the divorce settlement because of Sir Paul's accumulated wealth. And what exactly did she contribute to that accumulation? In any case, the only music-related silly site currently in my bookmarks is the Savage Chickens' Metal Band Name Generator, wherein the different names were actually lettered by Doug Savage into the one-panel cartoon. Via Gerard, natch.

0 comments: