Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Silly Site o' the Day

Not a good day so far. Stupid row with Robin (since resolved, we don't do rows that well), followed by driving to work in the rain (it having rained all night there are lots of little floody patches through which to hydroplane), followed by having to go to the basement again to turn the boiler on only I couldn't because I threw my shoulder out yesterday turning the valve and the COO was "infuriated" at me because she had to delegate it to someone else (Jon Stewart's "I'm not your monkey" line springs to mind), followed by another leak upstairs and my boss-the-landlord isn't even in yet... I think we could all use a Silly Site by now, and Steven Chalker e-mails me this one, Bush Removal. Maybe those hardhats can come over and turn the valve to the off position in an hour or so when it gets too hot?...

0 comments: