Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Thursday, October 10, 2024

Silly Site o' the Day

I watched the end of the Yankees game this evening the way I spied the end of yesterday's Mets game - in bed with my eyes closed. But I woke up long enough to hear them win, so that's all that matters. Both New York teams in their respective championship series, so I'm happy! Not as happy that I'll be out and about both days this coming weekend, as I'm visiting Mom on Saturday and her brother my uncle (for his big 90th birthday bash with all his progeny present, and that's a lot of cousins!) on Sunday. I'm just so tired from a very busy workday and commute, and another busy day coming up tomorrow, that I'm feeling very overwhelmed at the moment. I had hoped to take the car in to make sure I get new wheel rims so I don't get another flat tire miles away from home, but it's just not going to happen this weekend. Neither is grocery shopping, I'll have to do that on my lunch hour tomorrow. But I have to concentrate as much as I can during work hours to get everything squared away that suddenly came onto my plate. Sometimes it's just feast or famine, I suppose. It could be far worse, at least I'm not in the path of a hurricane or tornado. And at least I don't have a glitter butt. Erm, that I know of.

0 comments: