Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Tuesday, July 02, 2024

Silly Site o' the Day

While so many of my friends are lamenting the continuing end of democracy due to a whole mess of people who need some EthicAid, I'm trying to take a longer view for my own sanity, knowing that Things Change and sometimes that can be very abrupt. Of necessity I'm more concerned with my body, which as predicted needs time to recover from yesterday (my left hamstring in particular is Not My Friend today, and even standing for more than a few minutes seems to aggravate it), and by other people's bodies, namely the athletes in the sports I intend to watch all week - the Tour de France, the Euro and Copa America soccer tourneys, and of course New York baseball (Yankees disappointing other than Judge, Mets delightful). Can't wait for the Olympics! Meantime I'll just be happy if my leg recovers enough to get some last-minute items tomorrow from the grocery store. I mean really, how could I forget sauerkraut if we're having hot dogs for Independence Day?

0 comments: