Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Sunday, May 19, 2024

Silly Site o' the Day

Bless his heart, Robin agreed to accompany me on a short walk to the Riverdale Block Party, one block of not very exciting booths and a smattering of politicians and nobody I actually knew attending. I want to get out more, but with familiar faces. In any case, while the walk was lovely with all the flowers in the neighborhood, the pollen did us in again. We need to learn to pace ourselves. Especially me, I'm one of those folks who wants to Get Everything Done Now, and I need to remind myself that not only can't I but I don't actually need to. So the earrings were sorted back onto their holder and the necessary weekend stuff done, but I'm slowing down elsewhere. I want to get back on the exercise bike for my health, but I don't need to go on vacations (other than using up PTO hours so I don't lose them) or run around if I enjoy myself at home with Robin and TV and reading material. I even caught up on lots of DVR'ed cartoons today, including The Simpsons:

Via Laughing Squid.


0 comments: