Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Silly Site o' the Day

What a day! It's been a long time since I traveled alone on a plane; I think the last time was when I flew to England and met Robin's folks, so probably well over a quarter century ago. And of course I haven't been on an airplane since The Before Times, so I masked up at both LaGuardia (what a cool airport!) and Orlando, but was able to distance myself enough on the plane (nobody in the middle seat!) that I didn't feel I needed one there. KPMG's Lakehouse complex is absolutely amazing, the food is terrific, the learning sessions very interesting, and you feel very catered to, but all my travel anxiety and walking and perhaps a low-level cold have taken a toll on my stomach, so I probably didn't get as much out of it as I would if I'd felt better. Still, can't wait for tomorrow's sessions and yet another two-airports-and-flight. I've seen lots of cows (in Orlando!) but no gators yet, so I consider myself lucky. Haven't even had the opportunity to kiss a bug!

0 comments: