Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Thursday, November 18, 2021

Silly Site o' the Day

Wow, I'd forgotten how much a commute takes out of me. I went into the office today for the first time since July to actually participate in an in-person (fully vaxxed) reception. As the COVID numbers in NYC drop and much-needed corporate mandates start kicking in, I've become a bit less nervous about socializing and a bit more confident in my fully-vaxxed-and-boostered capabilities to socially circulate again. It was great seeing folks in person that I hadn't seen in 20 months, and actually partying and schmoozing for a couple of hours! But that commute back at the tail end of rush hour was a killer, and I'm glad I don't have to do it daily any more. At least two maskholes, one of whom played loud media with no accompanying earbuds the entire way home. Opening up the city again means having to deal with these rude jerks, doesn't it? I'm best off remaining primarily a homebody.

0 comments: