Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Silly Site o' the Day

Great, so the baseball playoffs consist of (1) a team with a history of racism whose fans make stereotypical New York Yankees fans look like they're going to a tea party, (2) a team of cheaters that's very likely still cheating, and (3) a team which still hasn't changed their racist name despite the Indians doing the right thing at last, and whose fans still engage in "the tomahawk chop." Guess who I'm rooting for? Either the former Brooklyn Dodgers or the former New York Giants. Doesn't matter which. At least I can finally catch up on all the DCU shows I've saved on my DVR so I can then move on to the ones on streaming services. After all, English Premier League Football is only on a couple days a week, and it doesn't even come with teletext in this country. Meanwhile, things are going very well at work, I've got two new assignments but no forward movement other than that. At least (it can now be told) I was not impacted by our latest RIF (Reduction In Force) of the Exec Assistant population. Two years in a row, it's enough to shake one up. But of course, pandemic and somesuch.

0 comments: