Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Monday, October 11, 2021

Silly Site o' the Day

Another good day at work, where I'm lucky to have acquired the best mentor I've ever known, just as my close colleague and back-up confirmed she would be retiring shortly. I hope my new supervisor figures out back-up support soon for my partners, as I do plan on taking more vacation days this fiscal year than last. Maybe it's just my wanderlust kicking up now that I'm hoping we're at the tail end of this pandemic, although I suppose part of me knows better. I'm still at risk although the calculator to which I just linked (via BoingBoing) doesn't seem to take into account that the only other person I'm around so much is as fully vaxxed as I am. In any case, precautions like masks and social distancing are still serving us well when we shop, and we'll see how the reunion goes on the 23rd. I'd like to cautiously begin seeing friends and loved ones again. But of course, patience is always the watchword!

0 comments: