Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Saturday, September 11, 2021

Silly Site o' the Day

As I've mentioned, I've been feeling a little stir-crazy of late, while at the same time realizing that this pandemic is far from over. So with the weather so lovely, I was hoping to do something outdoors and safe. But given the day, the Cow Parade was out of the question. So at the last minute we decided on the NY Botanical Garden - and I mean really last minute, in that I bought the tickets at around 10 AM for 11 AM entry. An enjoyable stroll, worth the $15 NY-resident discount for outside grounds only (which suited me fine), and we were able to keep socially distanced from the other supposedly fully-vaccinated folks most of the time. But after 90 minutes we were thoroughly exhausted, so hightailed it out of there and were home in 15 minutes. The Kusama exhibit was whelming, but really on the level of, say, Jim Bachor's potholes. And we managed to avoid the nouns-verbs-9-11 stuff most of the day, but I'm getting an overdose of it now from FOX's Yankees-Mets coverage. I feel ill. Going back to watch the game without the sound, I think.

0 comments: