Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Silly Site o' the Day

A much better day, as I got up around 5:30 and didn't feel a bit tired. Even managed a maskless walk after work per the new CDC guidelines (the knee seems okay now!), sliced my newly-bought veggies for a lunch snack and cooked up all the 'shrooms for dinner. Meanwhile, our landlord's dryer broke so Robin had to schlep our wet laundry all the way down the hill to the laundromat on Broadway to get it dried. Thank goodness he's in amazing shape now, I would have picked up the phone in panic and called the place which used to pick up our laundry to plead their assistance. As it was, I called the landlord's office to report the problem, then made a couple medical calls and secured some needed appointments for the near future as well as the week when the firm shuts down for summer break. All in all I'm glad to be living where I am despite the consternation it has caused others in the past.

0 comments: