Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Silly Site o' the Day

The palm is much improved from Sunday's fall, but now that we're a couple days in I see the real issue; my right knee area has swollen up pretty alarmingly. The tendon brace with which I slept last night didn't do the trick, I cannot move around without crutches today, so I'm back to the compression brace as part of the RICE (rest, ice, compression, elevation) routine, hoping to gradually improve enough to be able to graduate to the cane and then to somewhat normal walking again (and showering! and getting down the stairs! and driving!). Good thing I took this week as vacation, although I have been going online with my work laptop in between resting the knee. It would have been nice to get a few medical things done, but alas, medical things got in the way. So I'll just wait patiently for my weekly dose of Quarantine Quitchen and let myself heal and wish I lived in Japan with its umpteen flavors of Kit-Kat:

Via BoingBoing.

0 comments: