Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Silly Site o' the Day

What a horrid day. Robin had enough energy to do the laundry, some vacuuming, even rotate the mattress bless his heart, and I had none because I've been up since 2 AM. Probably the worst insomnia I've had since the pandemic began, and I think so much of it is due to the numbers rising in so much of the country and me wondering when I'm ever going to be able to see friends and relatives again, when I can go shopping without being all paranoid, all the usual fears of reasonable people as things spiral downward. I feel not unlike this Instagram account. My one saving grace, I think, is that this state of mind is no more sustainable than constant euphoria, and things will turn around again. Now where's that lovely newly-made bed?

0 comments: