Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Saturday, May 02, 2009

Deadjournals

Bloglines and Livejournal just don't seem to mix lately. As I've mentioned previously, my company's servers block most direct blog links, so during my lunch hour and such I can only read most blogs via their RSS feeds. Bloglines is my reader of choice, and I'm subscribed to over 700 feeds there so I'm not about to switch. Livejournal's feeds seem to be really wonky, at least on Bloglines. There was a period of a few months when I wasn't getting anything, then it suddenly righted itself. Now I'm having the same problem; most Livejournal feeds haven't updated since March 6. Part of the problem might be that I was subscribed to a lot of Atom feeds, and in some cases when I replace those with "www.livejournal.com/users/[username]/data/rss" I have success, but even so a lot of those feeds haven't updated since March 6 either. So, my apologies to my Livejournal friends; I'm trying to update your feeds as best I can so I can continue to follow your bloggy adventures! (Needless to say, my company's servers block almost all social networking other than LinkedIn, so I can't follow your Tweets and whatnot either during the day...)

0 comments: