Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

The first Thanksgiving-themed YouTube address to the nation from our next President (and, not surprisingly, the only person currently acting as President of the United States):



I'm thankful that everyone in my immediate family is currently healthy, especially my brother Gene who's home with his beautiful new wife Bridgette as he recovers from a recent hospital stay.

I'm thankful that both Robin and I are currently employed, particularly in the current economy; that I enjoy not only my job and the way I've been able to help my bosses but the company for which I work, a company that's blessedly stable and really seems to value my contributions; and that Robin's current assignment is also a real "dream job" which has allowed him to use his pencilling, inking and colouring skills, all of which will stand him in good stead to create a terrific portfolio to line up work for 2009.

I'm thankful for having completed my first half-century of life (the 51st year starts next Tuesday), for Robin rounding out number 46 (he turns 47 years old on 6 December, a week from Saturday), and for us coming up on our 10th wedding anniversary a week from today.

I'm thankful that both our cats continue to be healthy in double-digits (Datsa just turned 16 and Amy's going to be 12 next April).

And I'm thankful for so many wonderful and caring relatives on both sides of the Atlantic and friends, acquaintances and blog readers from all over. I'll never be able to fully express my gratitude to all of you for being there for me.

I wish all my fellow Americans a peaceful and happy Thanksgiving. I'm off to start the cooking now. Photos to follow, no doubt...

0 comments: