Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Silly Site o' the Day

Well, this is more like it! Although the side effects of the illness persist (mostly body aches and the cough, for now), I'm getting back into the rhythm of the job search, with an interview this morning and another tomorrow afternoon before jury duty screws with my schedule again. Today I found myself at 57th Street and 6th Avenue, where I ducked into the local Duane Reade to do a mess of shopping I hadn't gotten to yesterday (including treating myself to a Lindt heart o' truffles) before boarding the express bus home. Wouldn't mind this job at all, the commute's a breeze! Tomorrow I'm in Union Square during a farmer's market day, which pleases me as well (although I'm not sure how many vendors will be around in February). Feels great to be getting back into Manhattan! It'll feel even better when I can do it every day to and from the same well-paying, satisfying job. Hope everyone's had a happy Valentine's Day; I've spent most of it catching up on the sleep I didn't get last night (note to self: no more garlic-laden pizza the evening before an early AM interview) and trying to whip my job-search spreadsheet into order. As an admin assistant I hate hate hate disorganization, but I just haven't had the energy to update it; it's been all I can do to get through applications. In any case, here's a Valentine's Day-themed game for you: Heart Breaker. I can't get more than maybe 13.

0 comments: