Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Silly Site o' the Day

On the way to work this morning, I noticed angrily that the car behind me on the one-lane road decided to pass on the right (where there's no lane, remember) then squeak in ahead of me and the car in front of me prior to the red light. What's the bloody point of that? Two car lengths and absolutely no time gained? (You did know that even lane-weaving on highways doesn't really "save" any appreciable time, right?) So I started fantasizing about being talented enough to create an online Flash animation about cars weaving through highways and suddenly getting zapped from above, then you pull out and it's like an omniscient kid using Earth as its videogame and zapping all the vehicles driven by weaving a-holes. Alas, I shall never have that kind of talent. But I loved this animation:



Animator vs. Animation by Alan Becker, via Will Shetterly.

0 comments: