Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Friday, October 26, 2007

Silly Site o' the Day

By mutual agreement, I didn't get the job for which I interviewed yesterday. There were just too many "red flags" about it. But I really liked the principal interviewing me, and he seemed to really like me, we both knew I could do the job, but we both just sensed it wasn't the right one for me, and so it meant a lot to me when he advised me not to settle. I need to be happy in my new position, and he noted that it was obvious that I'm talented enough to be able to find something more suited to my desires. It was probably one of the best interviews ever.

The negative, of course, is that I'm still looking, which search takes time away from things I want to be doing like ComicMix news editing. The positive is that I was on my feet an awful lot yesterday, both at work in the morning (mostly cleaning out long-unused files which is a lot of lifting and standing and walking) and into Manhattan in the afternoon, and while I still tire easily I mostly didn't need the walking stick at all. This morning I woke up fully able to put weight onto the left leg. I still have stiffness, but the foot pain caused by calf muscle tightness seems to have completely subsided.

Ah, but enough grumbles, you're here looking for a Silly Site, so here you go: the Right-Wing Facebook, via Siva.

0 comments: