Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Family Fotos from Mom Day(s)

As promised:



Every gathering, at least when you talk about Jewish families, includes food. Here's the table set for the lovely turkey dinner we had at Mom's last Saturday. Funny story, I brought apple kugel, an item I'd never seen before when I went shopping at the local kosher market -- and unbeknownst to me, Mom and Jay had also bought it the week before when he'd visited.



That'd be Jay. It's okay, he doesn't read this blog.



In last Wednesday's ComicMix column I talked about how Mom and Dad were always the two pillars on which my life rested. I guess this picture might symbolize how Jay and I have now become two of Mom's pillars.

On Sunday I went to my cousin Mara's house to celebrate her daughter (and my "little buddy") Faith's graduation from college.



That's Faith and her "little buddy" Kirby, who's about 9 years old and pretty friendly for an iguana (although I didn't pet her this time around).



Faith's dad Jeff is a professional photographer, so I guarantee you his photos of this gathering came out better than mine. That's his sister Bonnie in the background at right. Jeff was specializing in "brother and sister" photos that day.



But of course Jeff couldn't take a photo of himself and Bonnie, so cousin-in-law Susan did the honors.



That's my cousin Marc (who does read this blog), my cousin Jeff (Susan's husband) and my uncle Phil (Marc's dad)... you know, you really ought to have taken your scorecard out if you've any hope of following along.



Faith and her cousin Ilana (Jeff and Susan's daughter). I don't remember Faith's mom Mara ever sitting on my lap when we were kids... cousins today...



Speaking of brother-sister pictures, here's Uncle Phil and Aunt Kenie (Mara's mom). Their other sibling can be seen in the third picture above.



The woman of the hour, Faith, with her aunts Bonnie and Susan.



Just as we started with a food picture, we end with one -- the desserts.

Thanks again to Mara and Jeff and Faith for inviting me, and congratulations to Faith on her extremely nifty and top-secret new job!

0 comments: