Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Monday, March 12, 2007

Silly Site o' the Day

Sorry about that; today really got away from me! You'll notice I have a grand total of one item up at ComicMix today. With my boss back in the office I decided to concentrate on pushing through as much as I could on the humongous data-entry project he gave me at least a few months ago, but as I'm given little privacy and he was in for awhile I had to deal with lots of interruptions and then, after he'd left and I was sure I'd actually get through a piece of it, the IT consultant arrived and commandeered my computer for the next hour and a half. He was finished about 4:55, just in time for me to pack up and head home to pick up Robin for some food shopping and dinner (naturally, very slow service on the latter).

So I just got home, and I'm more tired than ever, and pissed to boot as my local Citgo has suddenly become a Getty station, which is no different than going to the Lukoil station on Broadway (which I wound up doing), so now I need to go a bit more out of my way to maintain the buy-cott, and I'm just not sure it's worth it. I figure, as long as it's not Saudi oil I'm probably okay with it, so that leaves BP (North Sea) and Getty/Lukoil (Russian), but I still want to support Citgo... Anyway, so I have a little over two hours to catch up on posts and other writing stuff, and I may as well start with a silly site of sorts that was on Digg called the 404 Research Lab, filled with imaginative "page not found" variations, most of which seem to be from real websites rather than being created whole cloth. Gah, and now I need to finish up my ComicMix column and do today's Estrogen Month post. I'm sure that 40-hour day I ordered is coming right after I finally get my personal jet pack (been waiting for that one since 1975)...

0 comments: